woensdag 4 april 2012

An Apple A Day...



Two weeks ago, I picked up a checkered
shirt in the thrift shop. An adult size (42, I think), in good condition, for 2
euro. I changed it into a shirt for the boy, size 122.


The original shirt.


with a size 116 shirt I made earlier.

Since I saw so many gorgeous Apple shirts (from
the summer 2010 issue of Ottobre) passing by on the internet, I wanted to try the
pattern myself. I made an alteration to the collar, following her instructions.


Re-using the buttonlists.



I had to add a piece of red cotton, to make things fit.

As the red cotton was heavier than the checkered, I decided to make the back yoke out of single fabric and add a neck binding in stead. For the collar, I followed instructions from a booklet.





Playing around with the fabric.

As I was not content with the length and the drape of the sleeves, I sewed a blind hem into them, as done in the screwdriver shirt from the 3/2011 magazine.



I am very pleased with the result. The finish is great, and the red gives the shirt a nice sturdiness. In an ideal world, I would changes the buttons for colored ones, but then the sport of the shirt being cheap is gone, so I leave it as it is.



I bought a second-hand bright green T for 1,50 euro which matches it just fine. And so I concur the crises :-)

2 opmerkingen: