donderdag 19 januari 2012

Reassurance.



I don’t watch television that much. I’d rather sew, or do something else at night. But on Tuesday, there was a film I’d liked to see and it didn’t disappoint me. The title was simply Adam and it was a gentle story about a young man with Asperger’s syndrome who falls in love with his new neighbor. They get a relationship, but in the end he moves to California and she doesn’t.
I’m no expert in Asperger’s (I think Pelle has a different kind of autism) but I had the impression it was a rather realistic portrait. More sentimental and romantic than in the real world, but that’s where movies are for. It wasn’t over the top.

I don’t know what the future will hold for Pelle. Will he ever get a relationship? Have friends? I honestly don’t know. Am I worried? No. Not at all. Because the future is so very far away and because there are so many people here right now who love him and care for him. He is a sweet and charming boy and people like him. And I guess that will always be the case. There will always be people who care, like they do for the character in the movie. And that is a comforting thought.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten