donderdag 15 oktober 2009

girlscap with rose

Like I mentioned in my former post, I did something different in sewingclass last Tuesday. Since the days are rapidly getting colder here, I felt commited to finish of a cap laying around since one of the hottest days this year (in August).

The story below is a copy of the one I wrote on Flickr.


girlscap with rose
Originally uploaded by oddwise
For the first time since I've been sewing Ottobre patterns, (for 4 years now) I've made something for a girl!
And I have to admit: it was a joy.
The 10-years old sister of a playmate of Pelle choose the item herself and helped with tracing and cutting.
I'm a bit worried about the fit, hope it's big enough for her.


girlscap with rose
Originally uploaded by oddwise
In Dutch we call this a baret, maybe a beret is a good English translation? (My Ottobre mag is also in Dutch, so I'm not so familiar with all the terms).
I made it from a thicker woolfelt, (a popular fabric for coats and jackets here in Holland, for over a few years now). The border is a ribknit which I also use for shirt for Pelle.
The lining is a blue cotton, and the rose is from velours.

3 opmerkingen:

  1. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. OmG,,wat a cuteeeee baret~ ,,i wish i could were it!~weeeee

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hi!
    There is a Ugg boots giveaway running.
    To participate go to my blog and click the link on the post "Ugg Boot giveaway"!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen