I’ve been sewing some T-shirts, lately, but they didn’t work out.
I tried to make a button-placket in a sleeveless one, but the directions in the Ottobre were too sparse, and I don't have sewinglessons at the moment. It didn’t work out.
It's hard to see on the photo, but the stripes of fabric are crooked and I had to make them longer, to make ends meet (I found out later).
I will try again, because I want to master the technique. I subscribe to a Dutch instruction-site on the web, where they have video-instructions, and that was very clear. The only thing is, that they combine the placket with a collar, and I don’t want to do that. A polo-shirt is to formal for my taste. So I still have to figure out how to make a neat finish where the placket and neckline meet. And of course I can always ask my sewing teacher, in September.
Laying the yellow one aside, I started making another sleeveless T, to combine with the short I made earlier. Wrong again. The neckline is way to wide.
And it needs another touch to it. Don’t know what, but I will cut things up and make something different. Or maybe add a hood.
So onto T-shirt # 3. There’s a Dutch saying, that three times' right. Used the basic pattern from Ottobre again, had to recut the neckline (unpicked that one twice) but now have a good fit I can use for one year, I hope.
Than the fun part began, because I had this green scrap of cotton from my mum, who quilts. A perfect match. Because of the colour, I thought a marsian would look nice. So I did some sketches, based on images from the web, and this little monster came out. I used buttons for eyes, as I had seen on Flickr. A few scraps of felt to finish it of, and I think this is becoming one of my favorites.
Onto the next project. A familiar one. The sailor-pant I made twice before. No need to try things out (refreshing sigh).