To spruce things up, I added lime trimmings.
|I did not line the hood, but used a biastape to conceal the seam.|
|Still experimenting with the best way to make a nice finish. The twin needle did not workout, so I used a honeycomb stitch.|
And then it turned out to be too tight. :-( .That hardly happens, since the Ottobre patterns are usually quite roomy and my boy is slim. I guess on the whole, the patterns are getting slimmer. At least for pants, so maybe for tops too.I tried to sell the sweater for 15 euro, but had no reaction so far. I think most people are put off by the fact it’s homemade, or don’t realize that fabric isn’t always cheap. Or maybe it’s not trendy enough for most 7 -8 years old boys, I don’t know.
Anyway, lesson learned and unto another trial.