maandag 27 februari 2012
I finally finished a green sweat pant which was laying around for a couple of weeks now. The reason it took so long is because I doubted the outcome very much. Although the green sweat knit and the striped T-shirt knit go well together, I thought the overall picture would be to pale, even though I made an appliqué. Now that it’s finished I think it’s not that bad, but it still wouldn’t be one of my favorites.
The pattern I used before. It's from the Ottobre-issue 03/08, # 11.
The apllique at the back is made out of yellow and orange cotton. I used an image from the internet and changed it slightly. I made it on my regular sewing machine, using a strait stitch and going over the image a couple of times to give it a sketchy feel.
Detail of the back and side seam. In real life, the seam is not as wobbly as it looks here. The other sideseam is even straighter. I used a honeycomb stitch for the pockets.
I used two elastic waistbands of 1,5 cm. each and stitched in-between. The drawstring is just an unfinished piece of the T-shirt knit I used for the accents.