Just a quick post to show the T I made.
I love the fabric with the little giraffes, but was afraid the print would be to busy to make a regular T. But it worked out just fine. The neckline looks a little crooked, but I think it will be fine when Pelle wears it.
It took me a long time to make a good neckline, but now I really think I found my way around it. I don’t use a pattern, but just stretch the fabric around the unfinished neckline to determine the length, fold it double and than sew it on with a little zigzagstitch. To finish it off, I use a twin needle. I prefer to use a ribknit, and I can buy plenty of those in Germany, but for this T I used a regular T-shirt knit, because of the matching brown colour. So it doesn’t take back all the shape when stretched, but still it’s good enough for me.
I made the T to go along with a brown trouser I made earlier. More pick of that one on Flickr.