Last year, Mirre from KissKus callenged herself by making one garment for her kids, each day, during a week. I really liked that idea of giving yourself a clear task. I'm not going to sew one item a day, because I simply am not that fast. But there's something else I want to achieve: finishing all the half-sewn clothes that are scattered around in the house.
- a brown pant for myself
- a striped pant pour moi aussi
- a blue fleece sweater for Mark (supposed to be a Sinterklaas present last December)
- a striped shirt for Pelle
- a T-shirt for Pelle
- a skirt I have to adjust
- a top I have to adjust
- a winterskirt for the only woman in this house
- a purple pant for the later, too.
In the next 2 weeks I'm going to finish it all, so the house is less cluttered, we all can wear some nice new clothes, and I have a clean slate to practice some Zen in my sewing: concentrating on one piece each time.
I'm looking forward to do it all and being rewarded with a feeling of fulfilment, like after the ironing of a ton off landry, yesterday.