I’ve been neglecting this blog a bit, since I have been so busy with my new Dutch one (about the Dutch version of SonRise) but I haven’t stopped sewing. Those of you who know me from the Ottobre Flickr group are in for a repeat, since I copy the lines I wrote there for this blog. A girl can only write so much.
Here's a jacket I made for Pelle, in size 110.
Close-up of the fabric.
I made a few minor alterations to the pattern (Ottobre, # 28, 1/2006), changed the pockets and adjusted the lining, with help of my sewing teacher. As I thought a kind of cuff would be nice, I lengthened the arms and curled them up. I also wanted buttons, so I made the front a little broader to accommodate for them (the original calls for snaps). It’s made from a kind of light patchwork wool blend. The lining is also light and soft, from a large stash donated to me by a colleague from the rent-a-toy organization where I volunteer. I used a babyrib for the trims.
I’m very pleased with the result and with the ease I sewed it.
I also sewed Pelle a snowpant. It's very basic. He loved the idea that it can get wet, and muddy and spoiled. And that it's warm.
I made it using the most basic trouserpattern I could find, the Taku of spring 2009. I did not add any pockets. The outside is from blue taslan, the inside from fleece. The waist is made from a strip of corduroy.
I'm planning to slim down this blog, if you know what I mean. I keep on posting about my sewing, and show you my stuff whenever it's finished. And am planning to post an update on Pelle's development every month. But that's it, for some time at least.
More on my boy and how he's doing (GREAT!), very soon.